Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Get your popcorn ready...

Because you've only got 50 seconds to eat it.



I cannot decide what I like best: watching the weather change, the ice melt, or the ground squirrels play on the rock in the foreground. Shortly after arriving in camp some of my lab mates and I set up a game camera to take photos of the lake inlet. I made this video with the hourly photos it has taken through today (June 7). Though it may look like the lake is now completely thawed, in reality much of the ice has simply migrated to the parts of the lake not visible in these shots. Nonetheless, you will notice the plants are greening up in the background!

1 comment:

  1. sweet time lapse. i like the ice melting the best. but i think part of it is that i can actually keep track of it!

    ReplyDelete